SAN ANTONIO – Two years after a couple was brutally shot to death in an apartment on the city's West Side, the family of Cipriano Aguilar say they still don't have answers from into the investigation into the double murder.
"I lost my mind," Glory Garay said, after she heard the news of her son's death. She vividly remembers the early morning hours of Aug. 28, 2014.
"I was called by Imelda's sister at 4:41 in the morning letting me know that my son had been shot," Garay said.
Imelda Rincon and Aguilar, better known as "Chucho," were found with gunshot wounds in the bedroom of an apartment in the 2500 block of Suzette Avenue.
After the murder, San Antonio police sought two gunmen, but Aguilar's mother said they're still waiting for closure since no one's been arrested.
"It hurts. It makes me mad. There's just so many emotions that I have because that was my baby," Garay said.
On the second anniversary of the double murder, Aguilar's family met to celebrate his life. The private time to themselves allowed them to prepare for a public vigil.
Dozens of people showed up at the crime scene with balloons and candles. Many wore shirts designed in Aguilar's honor.
All Aguilar's loved ones can do now is hope anyone with answers comes forward.
"My son was a sweetheart and you took that from everybody. You took his life and that was wrong," Garay said.
For the original report on the double murder, click here.